Get Out Of The Fashion Rut – Get Fashion Inspired
Ahoy there!!Nothing to wear again??? We have all been there. Every girl out there
We call this rediscovering and shopping your own closet
Today We bring you 8 fabulous hacks and tips to revamp and jazz up your closet with minimum cost and maximum creativity.
This is going to be a lot of fun just like shopping! but shopping from your own closet.
1) Get inspired : Put together a mood board
2) Cleaning and condensing your closet
After getting inspired its time to attack your closet .If your closet is cluttered with a lot of stuff its hard to curate outfits.Many a times we run out of new outfit ideas because we are not able to see what exactly is in our wardrobe. So its time to clean it. Only keep pieces which you love. If you know you are never going to wear a dress, do not keep it. Also segregate pieces which do not fit you.Make different piles of your clothes-
- The pile you want to keep
- The pile you want to donate
- The pile which needs alterations
3) Get your basics right
Well basics are basics, right? While you may feel that basics are boring, they are essential (quite literally). We are going to build most of our new outfits around our basics, so make sure that they fit perfectly. Some basics every girl should own are
- A white t shirt
- A black t shirt
- A white or black blouse/top
- A pair of dark skinny fitted denims
- A pair of leggings preferably black
- A white crisp shirt
- A pair of Formal pants
- A classic blazer
- A black leather jacket
This is our basic list. You can add any other basic of your choice, after all its your closet
4) Creating new
outfits ; Having a outfit layout session.
- Get your new mood board out for reference.
- Go to your closet and grab a piece of clothing that you are struggling with like a top that you always pair with the same denim and are bored with the look of it, lay it flat on your bed or a chair.
- Next bring out all the bottoms you own – yes all of them! Your shorts, palazzos, pants, and skirts and pair them with the blouse one by one.
- Then take pictures of each pairing.
- Take a look at all of the pairings and if you like any pairing – try it on. You will be surprised to find combinations that you might never think of yourself.
- Once you really like a pairing you can start building the entire outfit around it . Bring some shoes , sneakers, heels, bags and accessories to mix and match with your newly curated outfit and see what looks good with it.
- Once your look is locked down take a final picture of all the elements of your outfit put together.
- Volla !! You have a completely new look ready.
5) Experiment and create new styles
- You can mix different styles like sporty clothes with dressier clothes or pair ripped denims with chic blazers.
- Graphic tees with denim skirts
- You can also practice layering- layer plain t shirts with funky jackets or with classy cardigans
- Play with print on print
- Really there is no limit to your creativity here.
6) Create your own look book
Rinse and repeat the above step to create as many outfits you want from your own closet. Take pictures of your final outcome and you will have your own look book ready in no time. Whenever you are running late you can browse your own look book from your phone and choose your outfit of the day. Isn’t that cool!!
7) Accessorize can Dress up & Dress down an Outfit
Accessories are everything.
8) Fill in the gaps of your closet
When you follow the above-mentioned process, you may notice that your wardrobe is missing some basic pieces like a well fitting shirt or some designer elements or you may notice that it lacks a pop of colour. To tackle this create a shopping list of items you need to complete the gaps in your stylish wardrobe. This way you already know what you need to buy and you will not buy unessential items and save a lot of effort and money.
So here you go these are our 8 awesome tips to refresh and discover your own closet and create cute outfits.
Remember to keep an open mind and have a lot of fun in the process, after
Have you read our Guide to Pack for A Trip yet?
Until next time Hallelujah!!