The 2019 edition of Fashion Revolution UAE will kick off on Earth Day
Fashion Revolution Week 2019 marks the 6th anniversary of the infamous Rana Plaza collapse and the beginning of a global movement that has had a momentous impact on how producers, consumers and stakeholders in fashion perceive and address the issue of sustainability.
Following last year’s success, with the region’s first ever sustainable fashion runway competition, this year, the theme focuses on how the future fashion industry should respect both people and planet with fair and decent work, environmental protection and gender equality, with special attention given to the women who comprise 80% of the global garment industry workforce.
Fashion Revolution Week 2019 will be running from the 22nd to the 28th of April alongside the 1000 events taking place in over 100 countries around the world, encompassing a series of thought-provoking events aimed at inciting local discussion and action on the topic of ethics, conscious consumerism and sustainable fashion, binding more individuals, entities and communities by a shared purpose by asking the simple question: Who Made My Clothes?
Fashion Revolution 2019 Events
- The Circular Economy: Panel Discussion and Networking
- Upcycling and Sustainable Pattern Cutting Workshops
- Installations on the theme of People and Planet by local artists
- Movie screenings followed by Q&A’s
- Eco Pop Up showcasing local ethical initiatives and brands
- Sustainable Fashion Runway Competition between the UAE’s top fashion universities
Fashion Revolution is more than a movement; it is the future, and it begins with us. Find out more on www.fashionrevolution.org
Content & Images by @fashrev_uae